Monday, August 6, 2012

Design Inspiration - front porch

One of the things we're most looking forward to is maximizing the potential for outdoor living.  While Seattle is certainly known for rain, we also have days that are crisp, cool and perfect for sitting on the front porch with a cup of coffee.

Our front porch is entirely covered and I plan to use this space as a place for sitting and container gardening. One of the things I love the most about the Midwest is the American flag that dots the porches of tree lined neighborhoods.  In coming up with a color palette for the front porch, I wanted to use red as the main accent color.  Red is certainly a departure from the colors that I've used in the past, and I'm really looking forward to stepping out of my comfort zone and creating a space that's colorful, comfortable and inviting.

Benjamin Moore HC-165 "Boothbay Gray" -  our exterior house color
Pine tongue and groove porch ceiling
Red Adirondack chairs - I got 2 on sale at World Market, with the coordinating table in Espresso
Red geraniums to add a pop of color

Love the petunias with the American Flag in the background.  Our porch will have similar square columns, painted white.
Jeldwen front door - fell in love with this picture, which I pulled out of a magazine

No comments:

Post a Comment