Monday, July 2, 2012

Hiring an Interior Designer

Hiring an interior designer was something that I was not interested in at the beginning of this process. Not only did it not feel right to me (I'll be honest and say that I always thought using an interior designer was more of a status move), but I also assumed that it wasn't in our budget.  Here's what I can tell you: I was wrong about interior designers.  Here's why: a good interior designer will keep you on/under budget while helping you create the look that you love. 

We found our designer through word of mouth, and I knew during the first meeting that we would end up using her.  She's done everything from hotels to custom homes, and knows how to get the client the look that they want, while sticking to a budget.  For a flat fee, she's helping us create a complete interior spec list for our builder, while also bringing new subcontractors to the table for bids (in my opinion, the more bids, the better!). 

Since I'm tired, I'll just cut to the chase and show you some pictures.  We've had several meetings with our designer and here's what we've come up with so far:
Kitchen palette
walls: Benjamin Moore Revere Pewter HC-172
countertops: Allen & Roth "Angel Ash" quartz
kitchen cabinets: white, painted

flooring (throughout the first floor): Kentwood engineered & antiqued maple "Del Rio"

grout: TEC AccuColor, 988 Pearl

kitchen cabinets: arctic white, Shaker style recessed panel with slab drawers

Guest Bathroom Palette
floors: Daltile Rittenhouse "Octagon & Dot" in matte white
cabinets: cherry cabinet with a bourbon finish
counter: Wilsonart Laminate, 4924-38 white carrera with matte white subway tile backsplash
paint: Benjamin Moore Stratton Blue HC-142

No comments:

Post a Comment